New products need to be launched on schedule, at best possible cost and in the required quality in order to ensure a successful start in the market. The basis for a successful start of production is laid early on, during the product development stage. Our expertise and our close cooperation with internal and external partners are the foundation for your success!
Systematic evaluation and optimisation of company-wide and project-specific ramp-up capability
For any manufacturing company, the ability to run a successful launch is of paramount importance. Ramp-up management requires comprehensive project and problem management know-how. Based on the issues of organisation, strategy, product, factory and suppliers we will systematically evaluate the ramp-up capability and competency and define measures for optimisation.
Performing a company-specific ramp-up maturity check:
- Analysis of company-wide ramp-up capability at single-project and portfolio level
- Evaluation of results
- Measures for optimisation
- Creating the organisational and process requirements needed for the launch.
Planning your ramp-up processes from pre-production to pilot series to production ramp-up.
Based on your project requirements we will define and set up an individual ramp-up organisation and governance structure which fits your company and its maturity level. This will be the basis for successful ramp-up management from pre-production to pilot series to production ramp-up.
- Defining and setting up a project-specific lean ramp-up organisation and committee structure
- Defining and optimising ramp-up processes
- Introducing and optimising a consistent and revision-proof change management
- Smooth product launch through meticulous planning
Ramp-up Supplier Integration
Creating and optimising an effective and close link between supplier and manufacturer.
The required quality and availability of critical supplies of parts will be identified early on, and measures agreed, to avoid any risk to own ramp-up processes from flaws in the suppliers’ processes. The synchronised supplier processes will be integrated into the manufacturer processes. This will ensure that the quality of parts and processes are brought up to the desired maturity level, in close cooperation with suppliers.
- Analysis or parts and system suppliers with focus on ramp-up capability
- Synchronising supplier processes in the manufacturer ramp-up
- Coordinated support of suppliers to ensure the required quality of parts
- Deployment of a supplier project manager
- Safe-guarding of quality and availability of essential parts
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
To improve the opening up of new markets we built a plant abroad for a new model. Close control of quality, schedule and cost details, as well as safeguarding process flows was essential during the parallel ramp-up of new factory and new product. Tiba created an integrated organisation of functions and personnel to achieve this while also keeping a focus on implementing a new problem solving process. This helped avoid any shortage of resources and enabled us to deal pro-actively with conflicts and crises.
Volkswagen AG/ Automotive/ Chattanooga, USA
Setting up integrated comprehensive scheduling with consistent reporting system throughout.
Meeting deadlines is only possible with a comprehensive overview of ramp-up processes and parts. Tiba’s complete overview of all processes and interfaces enables cross-functional scheduling. Transparency in evaluations and clarity of presentations in a reporting system will be of essence for a fast and comprehensive response in the event of delays
- Setting up consistent and cross-linked schedule tracking and reporting
- Setting up key figure cockpits to assess ramp-up performance
- High level of transparency through integrated scheduling and consistent reporting
- Access to an integrated schedule across all relevant sections and project levels
- Avoiding redundant data and thus consistent and high level quality of planning documentation
- Cost reduction through optimised scheduling and automated reporting
Ramp-up Employee Competence Development
Acceptance of new processes through transfer of know-how and staff qualification.
Depending on the stage of the ramp-up, individual processes may not be set up yet or are new and thus not fully documented, understood or tried and tested. Through targeted development of social, professional and methodological competencies employees acquire the skills needed to adapt to requirements. Furthermore, consistent documentation of experience will provide valuable information for the structuring of processes.
- Creation of know-how management
- Lessons learned workshops
- Training sessions on ramp-up strategies and methods/li>
- Training sessions on leadership, team work, conflict management, decision-making, stakeholder management, facilitating, supportive work techniques, dealing with suppliers etc.
- Targeted development of social, professional and methodological competencies of project members
Ramp-up Performance Management
Access to expert knowledge for fast results and an organisation capable of continuous improvement to ensure long-term success.
We support your ramp-up projects with our specialist know-how. This is complemented by a process of continuous improvement which will systematically support cross-project continuity and the deployment of measures within the organisation.
- Specialist know-how to support the implementation of your ramp-up projects
- Project control with PM know-how and best practice solutions
- Cross-company problem management
- Continuous improvement process
- Effizientes Erreichen der wirtschaftlichen und technischen Anlaufziele